- Consumer Sales Finance Companies (non-vehicle)
- Mortgage Lenders and Servicers
- Payment Card Issuers
- Traditional Installment Lenders
- Vehicle finance/Leasing
Consumer Sales Finance Companies
Companies that provide no-vehicle credit for retail customers.
Mortgage Lenders and Servicers
Federal Government Affairs - Making Your Voice Heard
- Provides industry representation on Capitol Hill
- Supports Members of Congress via the AFSAPAC
- Coordinates approaches to policy development
- Promotes the importance of financial education
- Reduces compliance costs and opens new markets
- Works with the federal government and regulators to restory liquidity to the marketplace
State Government Affairs - Managing Legislative and Regulatory Issues at the State Level
- Analyzes legislative trends
- Gathers political intelligence and formulates strategy
- Identifies and recommends industry-wide positions on state legislation and regulatory issues
- Developes intellectual resources to support state and local lobbying activities - engaging in direct advocacy where appropriate.
- Develops talking points, white papers and 50-state surveys
- Receive complimentary access to AFSA’s legislative tracking system, AFSA*TRACK at KSE FOCUS.
2015 State Legislative and Regulatory Priorities
Legal and Regulatory Services - Protecting Your Business
- Eases your compliance burdens, litigation and reputation risk
- Meets with regulatory agencies on behalf of members
- Comments on regulatory rulemaking by federal agencies that affect consumer credit
- Forms and leads industry coalitions
- Participates in amicus briefs on behalf of members
- Offers compliance education
- Oversees the AFSA Law Committee - a major benefit to consumer credit and finance members
Communications - Delivering Timely Industry Developments
- Public Affairs - concentrates on establishing a positive identity for the industry
- Media Relations - works closely with reporters to voice the association's position on a wide variety of topics
- AFSA Newsbriefs - provides a once a week electronic newsletter that relays AFSA news, as well as industry's most relevant news
- Email Alerts to Members on new regulations, legislation, and other important developments as they occur
- Consumer Education - working with the AFSA Education Foundation and providing public relations and management support for AWARE (Americans Well-Informed on Automobile Retailing Economics) www.autofinancing101.com
- Receive registration fee discounts at all AFSA conferences.
Peer-to-Peer Connections to Enhance Your Professional Experience
Annual dues for active members are based on a percentage of gross income from consumer lending activities, including interest, finance charge and service fee income from loans and leases, sales finance contracts, real estate loans, small business and agribusiness loans and leases.