Several AFSA departments compile white papers throughout the year as resources for the association’s members. The white papers identify current industry challenges and possible ways to address them.
January 2010: Bankruptcy
November 2009: Federal Reserve Board’s Reg Z Mandatory Escrow Requirements
August 2009: Mortgage Disclosure Improvement Act
July 2009: Forecasting Losses
May 2009: Collections Servicing
April 2009: Recruiting
The State Government Affairs Department develops white papers on a monthly basis. Each white paper is an in-depth analysis of a particular issue, dealing with all legislation introduced on the topic at the state level. Each is a snapshot in time of the history of the issue and current legislation on the matter.
- 2014 State Legislative Preview & 2013 Review (January 2014) New!
- 2013 State Legislative Preview & 2012 Review (January 2013)
- Antitrust 101: A Primer on the Concepts (Evergreen)
- Case for Installment Lending (Evergreen)
- Credit Card Surcharging (February 2013)
- Credit Reporting (June 2013)
- Creditor-Placed Insurance (September 2013)
- Debt Validation (November 2013)
- Election Preview (July 2012)
- Foreclosures (September 2012)
- Foreign Language Requirements (May 2013)
- Judicial & Non-judicial Foreclosure (March 2013)
- NMLS Expansion (October 2012)
- Payment Innovations (August 2013)
- Preemption After the Dodd-Frank Act (Evergreen)
- Recent Motor Vehicle Titling & Lien Release Issues (July 2013)
- Tribal Lending (October 2013)
- Vehicle-specific Ancillary Products (August 2012)
- Vehicle Franchise Legislation with Ancillary Product Provisions (February 2014) New!
- Vehicle Franchise Legislation with Captive Effects (November 2012)
- Zoning Ordinances (April 2013)