Several AFSA departments compile white papers throughout the year as resources for the association’s members. The white papers identify current industry challenges and possible ways to address them.
January 2010: Bankruptcy
November 2009: Federal Reserve Board’s Reg Z Mandatory Escrow Requirements
August 2009: Mortgage Disclosure Improvement Act
July 2009: Forecasting Losses
May 2009: Collections Servicing
April 2009: Recruiting
The State Government Affairs Department develops white papers on a monthly basis. Each white paper is an in-depth analysis of a particular issue, dealing with all legislation introduced on the topic at the state level. Each is a snapshot in time of the history of the issue and current legislation on the matter.
- White Papers List
- 2013 State Legislative Preview & 2012 Review (January 2013)
- 2012 State Legislative Preview & 2011 Review (January 2012)
- Antitrust 101: A Primer on the Concepts (Evergreen)
- Appraisal Management Companies (December 2011)
- APR & Rate Caps (May 2012)
- Case for Installment Lending (Evergreen)
- Credit Card Surcharging (February 2013)
- Debt Collection (June 2012)
- Election Preview (July 2012)
- Faith-Based Consumer Activism (February 2012)
- Foreclosures (September 2012)
- Foreign Language Requirements (May 2013) New!
- Interchange Fees (August 2011)
- Judicial & Non-judicial Foreclosure (March 2013)
- Military Lending (September 2011)
- NMLS Expansion (October 2012)
- Preemption After the Dodd-Frank Act (Evergreen)
- Prepaid Cards (April 2012)
- Vacant Property Maintenance (March 2012)
- Vehicle Driver/Owner Liability Shifting (October 2011)
- Vehicle Franchise Legislation with Captive Effects (November 2012)
- Vehicle-Specific Ancillary Products (August 2012)
- Zoning Ordinances (April 2013) New!