The American Financial Services Association has flagged the below resources for members. AFSA has also created a Member Response page that highlights the actions taken by our member companies in their communities and for their customers.
If you have press releases or updated information that you would like AFSA to share and promote online or via our social media handles, please contact Ed McFadden (email@example.com) or Dan Bucherer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Treasury Department on Monday released definitive guidance related to the essential role financial services organizations play during this period of uncertainty around COVID-19. To that end, AFSA has created an Essential Business Notification you may which to display in your business location.
AFSA State Resources
COVID-19 State Tracking Charts (Updated Continually)
Other State Resources
What the U.S. Government is doing
U.S. Senate Small Business Committee's 'Small Business Owner's Guide to the CARES Act' Posted March 31, 2020
What's Inside the Senate's $2 Trillion Coroavirus Aid Package Posted March 26, 2020
AFSA Federal Government Affairs Outreach
- Joint Trade Letter to Fed Chair Powell and Secretary Mnunchin re: Expansion of Commercial Paper Funding Facility (March 31, 2020)
- AFSA Letter to Federal Reserve Bank of New York re: Expansion of Commercial Paper Funding Facility (March 31, 2020)
- AFSA Comment Letter to National Economic Council re: Small Business Lending under the CARES Act (March 31, 2020)
- Joint Trade Letter to SEC re: Uniform CECL Implementation (March 31, 2020)
- Joint trade letter to congressional leadership in support of S. 5355 and H.R. 6364, the SECURE Notarization Act (March 26, 2020)
- AFSA comment letter to congressional leadership re: Delaying CECL (March 24, 2020)
- Joint trade letter to SEC Chairman Clayton re: Delay CECL (March 22, 2020)
- Joint trade letter to Leaders McConnell & Schumer re: TALF (March 22, 2020)
- Comment letter to Chairwoman Waters re: Coronavirus industry response (March 20, 2020)
Legislation Enacted into Law
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, H.R. 748 - Signed into law on March 27, 2020
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act, H.R. 6201 (Summary, Bill Text) - Signed into law on March 18, 2020
- Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act, H.R. 6074 (Summary, Bill Text) - Signed into law on March 6, 2020
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC COVID-19 Information
- The CDC has a COVID-19 FAQs page that includes helpful information on how to protect yourself and loved ones from COVID-19, along with steps to take if you think you are sick. Additionally, the CDC tracks the spread of COVID-19.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Department of the Treasury
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and Interagency Statements
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
Business Operations Resources
U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division: Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers Posted March 26, 2020
U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Assistance: Federal disaster loans for businesses, private nonprofits, homeowners, and renters Posted March 22, 2020
- This page provides resources for businesses, private nonprofits, homeowners, and renters on how to apply for SBA disaster loans.
U.S. Small Business Administration guidance and loan resources Posted March 20, 2020
- This page provides information on financial assistance programs available from the Small Business Administration.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19 Posted March 20, 2020
- This information may be helpful for companies that are still operating worksites with staff, and for those companies that will be returning to worksites after the immediate crisis has abated.
U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division COVID-19 page Posted March 20, 2020
- This page hosts helpful information on the Fair Labor Standard Act and Family Medical Leave Act issues.
U.S. Postal Service (USPS) statement on coronavirus Posted March 20, 2020
United Parcel Service (UPS) response to coronavirus Posted March 20, 2020
Federal Express (FEDEX) response to coronavirus Posted March 20, 2020
The Employer Defense Report | How employers can respond to the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak Posted March 18, 2020
- With the presence of COVID-19 in the United States, employers must be vigilant in complying with the various labor and employment laws implicated by the virus. These laws include the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, among other occupational and safety health laws. Employers are advised to communicate with employees and have protocols in place to address the virus.
CDC COVID-19 interim guidance for businesses & employers Posted March 18, 2020
- The CDC has issued guidance to business and employers on how to plan, prepare, and respond to COVID-19. This guidance includes recommended strategies for employers to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and developing an infectious disease outbreak response plan.